Work with us
Are you ready to explore the eHealth and eWellbeing space?
By exploring how digital technologies can help connect our communities and improve our health and wellbeing, Smartline is supporting SMEs’ based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly develop innovative products, processes and services.
Smartline will actively support SMEs new to this market, as well as those already engaged in it who are innovative and looking to grow. No particular industry or sector is targeted by Smartline but the project is linked to the markets shown in our wheel:
Are you Eligible?
In order to work with us you must meet our eligibility requirements:
- Your Enterprise must be based (or going to be based) in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Your Enterprise must have less than 250 employees (FTE) and an annual turnover of less than €50m euros (approx £43m), or total assets of less than €43M (approx. £36M).
- No other enterprise owns more than a quarter of your enterprise’s issued shared capital.
- You must not have received more than €200,000 in state-aid during the last 3 rolling fiscal years.
- You need to agree to the publishing of research findings.
If you meet our eligibility criteria please read about the funding and support options below.
Be part of the Smartline story
To stimulate and support your research development and innovation, Smartline has a number of funding schemes you can apply for:
- In Residence
The In Residence scheme has been established to bring enterprises and researchers together to gain a better understanding of each other’s work, identify areas of collaboration and develop research proposals. Through detailed discussions with our academics and access to research facilities, data and expertise, the scheme can help your enterprise to better understand and cultivate the research opportunities available to support your business innovation and growth. If successful, the scheme will fund your enterprise to engage with one or more of our researchers, at cost, to explore joint research opportunities and develop project proposals / grant applications. Funding is available for between 1-12 days over a 3 month period.
- £1,000 Idea Generation Grant
Smartline has 35 Idea Generation Grants to distribute and will be awarded to SMEs to work up innovative ideas that explore new innovative products, processes or services that address the aims of the project. Enterprises will be able to use the Idea Generation Grant to get help with projects where they themselves do not have the technology, facilities or expertise they need to develop new innovative products, processes or services.
- Follow-on Research and Cash Grants
Smartline also has larger grants of up to £20,000 to enable a number of business-led research ideas, developed as a result of the In Residence Scheme to be explored. The Follow-on Grant is a research partnership providing access to academics, research facilities, data and other expertise, leading to tangible products, processes and services.
- More ways to get involved
Smartline offers a range of support to help you achieve your business ambitions:
– Access to new data sets on home management and occupant behaviour
– Access to 350 homes to test new products, processes and services
– The opportunity to co-create with end-users
– Economic analysis of cost-benefit and market value of new products, processes and services.
Smartline will be holding a series of events across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, helping to connect a broad mix of people with an interest in the nexus of technology, health and wellbeing innovation.
We will be sharing the research findings, understanding specific health and wellbeing opportunities to be addressed from the user point of view and bringing people together to collaborate on defining the problems and how digital technologies could be developed to address these.
Join us on this journey to inform new ways of working and new services that can support longer healthier lives in communities that support each other.
Peninsula Forum for Environment & Human Health
Thursday 8th March 2018 13:00-16:30
The Health & Wellbeing Innovation Centre, Treliske, Truro, TR1 3FF
The focus this year is on Lifelong Healthy Ageing and Wellbeing
For more information and to register please follow this link to Eventbrite: